Wednesday, November 20, 2019

30 Days of Me: Day 4: Bad Habits

Lately, I have developed a really bad habit of falling asleep around 8-10 pm and waking up around 12-3 am, trying to figure out what happened.

So, I will get home a little before 4pm and discuss dinner.  Depending on the day and how my life is set up I will eat Dinner ASAP. I am always super hungry after work. Then I try to stay downstairs to seem like a good family member until 6 or 7pm. Once in my bedroom sleepiness starts to happen. I don’t know if this is from staying active all day or if this is a new “you’re turning old” situation. 

ALL of my YEARS of being a Para or Teacher I would stay up until about 2am. Then I would wake up at 6 something and go about my day. People thought I was nuts but it was how my body rolled.  It wasn’t every night. I would crash Wednesday. So Sunday-Tuesday I would be up until 2am, Wednesday I would fall asleep at 10pm and then I was back at it for the rest of the week. 

Now I am falling asleep early, but this is problematic because after so many years of night owling my body is like: “Wait, Stop... you fell asleep at 9pm, you must need to wake up at 3am.” Which is WAY too early. I am not like one of those early rise people. I want to wake up when the alarm is set to go off, which is about 6:20am. 

Tonight is one of those “I fell asleep at like 9pm” nights only this time I woke up at 12am. This was actually a good thing because I was about to mess up and forget about posting for Day 4. 

I just need my body to get itself together. It has nothing to do with the time change because this started in September. 

I think it’s link to other things like turning into old people/personal turning old issues. I don’t think it is school anxiety, but it could be work related as I seem to be focusing so much of my time and energy on work....

I’m a SCHOOL MARM!!!!! I might as well live at the school. 😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭 



BLEH...  

1 comment:

  1. I told my sister that I think this is exactly how old people wake up and go to bed so early, because being sick, I've fallen asleep as early as 9pm, and I'm like "Whoa, whoa, whoa!" Things happen, and your body adjusts to a new norm. Blah. It's starting to become rare that I sleep until my alarm goes off.

    ReplyDelete