Monday, November 25, 2019

30 Day Challenge: Day 9: Proud

 So Last Night I was working on Day 9 which was to discuss something that has happened in the past few days that made me proud... not only was I having a difficult time, I also was slightly disheartened  to even do this... I was also EXHAUSTED. Lately work is wiping me OUT! But below is the paragraph I was trying to work on.
(*** where I stopped last night)
Day 9: Proud
Honestly I am proud to be using the best practices when it comes to working with my students. In a meeting recently I felt supported because it was recognized that I was doing the right thing when dealing with particular behaviors in my classroom. I am not knew to tantrums and I also understand the only behavior I can control is my own. I feel like I was able to maintain my cool with kids and adults. I explained what techniques I had been using and I was praised for those techniques, and in a positive was given pointers for the future.  The whole thing goes a LONG way for me, because there are way too many times that as a teacher doing the best that I can for kiddos who are unique with special needs, and no one acknowledges the good I have brought to the table. Sometimes that is disheartening as you bust your butt for the school... because genuine praise can go a long way. Which is why we are supposed to be praising children all day. It should be a genuine praise.

***This is why I like to give compliments to others because you never know when your compliment just made someone’s day.  Also not gonna lie, as much as I try to remain cool, calm and collected, like totally nonchalant about stuff... being “highly effective” as a teacher is like getting an A+ and brings me pure joy. I mean if I’m going to do a thing I ought to be being the best... so if I can’t be Beyonce on stage, then I might as well be Beyonce in the classroom. And I am not being rewarded or awarded, but my kids (students) are better people because of me. At least that is what I see in them in the 2nd grade (sometimes first sometimes 3rd) during the school year.



No comments:

Post a Comment