Monday, November 18, 2019

30 Days of Me, Day 2: Meaning Behind the Name.

This Is NOT Sex In The City

It really isn’t.
Although I started this blog in 2010 the name relates to my memories from Howard University. My sophomore year my roommate and her friends loved the show Sex in the City. I was never a fan. (I am 95% sure I would appreciate it today). Something that I realized the show was doing was battling the traditional ideas of sex and the role of women. You could say they were showing sexual independence. All the while these women were always beautiful and dressed to kill. These were the original Boss Babes.

Unfortunately for me... I’m not or at least I wasn’t and Dover, DE is a far cry from a city. Even though my fashion sense is decent, I am still not Carrie. (I have been second guessing this full length sequin gown I bought for a ball).

So this blog was suppose to cover the ironies of dating and living in Dover. Looking back it really has been. Reading past passages I laugh as I rack my brain trying to think of the crushes or dates I was talking about.  2010 in North Carolina was sweet.... I feel like the blog over all has been true to its name, but I could have shared more in 2015-2017 about the long term long distance relationship I was in that ended not surprisingly over marriage or lack thereof that we both said we wanted from the start. Let’s call them the Baltimore Years. At least it wasn’t a bad relationship and I found out Baltimore is not as bad as it is made out to be. But I guess we both dodged a bullet.  That is another post for another day.

Who knows maybe after these 30 days of Me, I will discuss getting back into the dating game. πŸ˜‚ πŸ€”πŸ€”πŸ€”πŸ€”πŸ€”πŸ€”πŸ€”πŸ€”πŸ€”

Maybe....

(At least I know how to look cool)

No comments:

Post a Comment