Wednesday, December 4, 2019

30 Day Challenge: Day 14: Celebrity Crush



OK so ya girl pulled a cop out... smh REALLY Day 14 said to post a pic of your family, and although I love my family, I just didn’t know what to say... and I didn’t want to post just the pic with a small blurb, so I went to Pinterest and looked up other 30 day challenges. I found a basic challenge and looked at number 14 LOL!!!! It said celebrity crush and I just about died. CAUSE everyone should know my celebrity crush.... OMG just the simple fact that I am on this topic is exciting. Not to say that my family isn’t but you know I share my family the way that I want to share my family and this wasn’t it. Not tonight at least.
 SO CELEBRITY CRUSH!!!!!!  You already know... but you know what here is my time to explain (as if I haven’t already) what it is about him in particular that turned me from someone who was just a Kdrama lover to a Jun.K lover. Formerly known as Kim Junsu of 2pm he changed his name to Kim Minjun (2012). Now you know when I say Minjun I am talking about Jun. K. (When I go on tangents on facebook, and I use Minjun instead of Jun. K I figure people think I am talking about two different people.) 

I KNEW that if I got into Kpop it was over for me. I knew I needed to keep Kpop casual, because Kdrama had already become a great passion for me. Like I have made my mom a full fledge dramabean, I actually turned my co-worker into a dramabean, but curiosity killed the cat
right??? My gateway to KPOP... The Drama: Boys Over Flowers (currently on Netflix check it out... its a starter Drama).  Kim Hyun Joong is the dude with the “red” (Auburn) hair color. He was the Second lead in this Drama. I really liked him more than the Lead (Lee Min Ho). When I really like something I look for more of it. (Here is where the cat was killed).  Come to find out Kim Hyun Joong was really a Kpop artist. From a group called SS501(Double S 5-0-1). There was a time when Kim Hyun Joong was THE guy I was talking about all the time so much so I was in my garage teaching myself the dance to his song: Unbreakable. (I still know it.) I also watched his other dramas and learned all about SS501.  Anyway Kim Hyun Joong was known as the “Korean statue” like that’s how “perfect” they thought him to be... until an ex came out talking about ”he abused me and caused me to miscarriage“ and all that type of crazy.... he kind of ended up in a web of dishonor and pulled one of those let me quietly enlist. Well you know Chris Brown said it best cause “these h*es ain’t loyal”... I mean I still appreciate Kim Hyun Joong’s work ((as I still appreciate Chris Brown’s (when its reasonable)) but between all the drama and the 2 years of enlistment I had to let it go.


All of this is happening in 2014 by the way... I distinctly remember 2pm was on the Go Crazy World Tour in THE USA and I was reading the articles like “oh cool a Kpop group is touring in the states, good for them” and basically a year later I was in love. Biggest regret is not going to see them when they were in the states. But that would have been a lot of money spent on something I didn’t even know or like...yet.

If you know me and you have paid attention to my antics than you already should know the songs that lead me to love 2pm. If you said ADTOY than you love me. ALL DAY I THINK OF YOU. Watch the video... I am going to put it right here... go ahead I’ll wait...
    

Its not the famous butt dance, or the fact that each member is sexy in his own special way... but at 3:14 the voice hit my WHOLE ear. In order to know the person with the voice I had to learn how to identify each member. I googled 2pm and said “no not him” five times, process of elimination. I found Jun. K. As the song At Last says: “then the spell was cast.”  So honestly I started to like 2pm by default, I mean Jun. K has written and produced some of their songs so you gotta like the group. I specifically love him. Overall it started with his voice. I looked up his solo work and let me keep it real I wondered how a very black r&b voice came out of this Korean boy. OH to be a black person who loves Kpop... it makes you question your reasoning from time to time. You can say what you want the reality is Korea has appropriated the **** out of black culture (so has Japan but I really don’t have the time cause as usual Japan took it to another level) Korea tends to teeter between appreciation for black culture and/or black face (the “Its supposed to be a joke but its hurtful” kind) I am not blind nor dumb, I see it. Folks made a super ridiculous big deal about Kpop star Henry’s music video that featured Korean girls with cornrows, yet Koreans will do blackface faster than a drunk white American politician and be like shoulder shrugs.  Apparently, Jun. K put on black American swagger so hard, band mate Junho thought he was American. I imagine Minjun’s reply was like: “Nah I’m from Daegu.” And Junho’s face is: 


                This took a turn didn’t it. 
MAY BE I am bias, but to me Minjun is soulful, in other words he has said: (paraphasing) “When I wrote the song “With You” I was listening to a lot of Motown and the Jackson 5, so that sound influenced me.” For your listening and viewing pleasure: With You.



I view Jun. K as an overall artist because this dude wrote a song called: “ Mary Poppins” and proceeds to dance with an umbrella you know cause that’s what Mary Poppins has with her and that big bag. 
This guy did a music video for his “Love Letter” track and dressed as Charlie Chaplin in the music video. His music videos always have an underlying artistic metaphor. In other words he is ahead of his time. (And No Shadows is one of the best metaphorical MV in his catalogue). And then there was the time he found trap music.... You know usually you have an artist and like you kind of know what to expect because they are in a particular genre, with a particular sound. Jun. K was like nah, I want to sound like Gene Kelly, in a trap house at Motown, with the Perry Como band behind me and give it a Christmas feel. DON’T BELIEVE ME??? 

The point is I feel like I can bring Jun. K to the barbecue and the debutante ball. He is going to impress everyone with his rendition of “You and I” by Stevie Wonder who inspired him to make music. 


His voice is amazing to me (even if I can tell when his pitch is off or when he makes mistakes) and as any woman would I noticed other things

about him that are nice as well...


Keeping it real, this is only the tip of the iceberg when it comes to my appreciation for Jun. K. The fact of the matter is I let things get out of control once I was single. (Is Jun. K the rebound that never got away?) I don’t know if any of this makes sense... but I hope you walk away knowing that Jun. K is my celebrity crush or as we say in the kpop world he is my ultimate bias. I am a Hottest, (2pm’s fan base name.) Someone said: “You’re not a hottest if you only love one member.” I do love my 6, but can I keep it real, I would have NEVER even researched 2pm if I had never heard Jun.K’s voice. BUT I wonder if he would still have been my bias if I started from the debut of 2pm considering he had NO lyrics and very minimum ad libs.
Poor “Junsu” and his undocumented lyrics or lack thereof. I am glad to have found 2pm when I did and I am happy to be at 30 days to go until Jun. K’s enlistment is complete. I really hope he spent his free time writing songs so he can come out and drop like 10 solos during the 400 some days that Chansung and Junho have left until 2pm can be WHOLE again. Ok not 10 that is excessive, but like 2-3... please. LOL! (And maybe another musical, drama or movie.)  No pressure.

I stan Jun. K to pieces.
 

  Me and my Jun. K merch...
1.) Phone case 2.) No Love Hate 3.) No Shadow Tour Tee) 4.) Pan. K school girl tee 5.) No Shadow Tour Hoodie




No comments:

Post a Comment