Wednesday, December 11, 2019

30 Day Challenge: Day 19: Nickname explained...


Nickname?
I mean its Dani. BUT...

Dani D. started probably in my junior year of high school and carried on to college. I added Princess of Delaware to it because at the time there were like 3 students at Howard that admitted to being from Delaware. I wanted to stand out and sound as if I were “cool”. I used it as my stage name for the school radio. Unfortunately I was never really “cool” LOL. Regardless, I liked it and kept it. Through out the internet I use Princessofde as my “handle” (screen name). True story...if I were to ever be a rapper or singer (like really??) I would use Dani D. the Princess of DE. I would use Dani D. as my pin name.  There are no special stories about this nickname I am sorry. BUT...

I have another name that an aunt gave me and she would often use... and there is a better story.
When I was born, I was sick and so was my mom technically. So DAFB hospital shipped me via helicopter to Andrews Airforce Base Hospital to help me out. My mom unfortunately was in the hospital in Dover. My aunt went to Andrews to see me and exclaimed that I was a red head. This is funny because its not the typical red like an Irish woman or something, but brownish. From then on my aunt started calling me Strawberry Shortcake.

Actually I do have a Princess of DE story... remember a few blogs back I mentioned a time I had been in the hospital?  Well, I was in the hospital so long at Christiana that the nurses were referring to me as Princess, even though I had a Strawberry Shortcake blanket with me... speaking of... where is my blanket? 🤔

What is your nickname?

No comments:

Post a Comment