Friday, December 27, 2019

30 Day Challenge: Day 21 Something That Makes You Happy

OMG I have had this blog on edit for like 3 weeks so its safe to say I fail at 30 day challenges BUT it is also safe to say I don’t give up either...

Cosplay or Fanfic, that is the question?
Pure pleasure come from both. It’s difficult for me to put it into words, but I feel happy and well sometimes pain in both, but the outcome is usually a very happy feeling. I don’t really get to do these things that often. Sometimes I cosplay my fanfic characters. SOoooo truthfully my fanfic main character is in my mind me and I often use my name or something close to my name when I am writing because putting myself in the story is what makes writing become my escape. I get two different “happys” from cosplay and fanfic. 

First for my “normies” that aren’t so sure what cosplay means... is basically the word costume and play meshed, meaning dressing in costume as a particular character and at times being in character. So acting as that character as well.

With cosplay I get a rush... it starts with nervousness and it ends with me feeling proud that I pulled it off. To me there are two different cosplay styles. There are original outfits and then there are full on costumes. Now I will be honest my outfits and cosplays have been to my affordability. I am the pink ranger, but a Ranger Suit is close to $1000 plus (for a good one). I can’t... and I guess I am not ready for that sort of commitment. (But if you have a suit and want me to rock it, I will.) And if you are a true cosplay artist you really want your cosplay to have character continuity, in other words look authentic af. Anyway “original” cosplay outfits to me are like:
 

This is just one of the “mighty fine” power ranger tank dresses that I added a few accessories to in order to make it my own.  I think its pretty cool and I think it made a great impression on fans and the actors.

Another example:
I call this one Jun. K’s School Girl Fangirl as the Panda is his animal. There is a lot to explain here but 2pm fans already know Pan. K is Jun. K. 

Ok so the truth is I do what is called “civilian cosplay” again I don’t own a suit so I copy an iconic outfit like:
 This is the pink ranger outfit from the 1995 Power Rangers Movie. I tried to match it completely.
This is the pink ranger from Power Rangers Dino Charge, I felt that the outfit from the first episode was memorable enough, but I also have a pink energem and Dino Charge Morpher. 


This is the outfit from the 2017 Power Ranger Movie. 



Above are my interpretation of Joe Gibken also known as the Gokai Blue and Luka Millfy also known as Gokai yellow. These are characters from the Super Sentai universe. I really had a good time with these two as well. I enjoyed being Joe cause that was a gender bender and I ran into a couple of dudes at a comic- con who weren’t sure and that’s great because I nailed it then. *insert cheesy grin*
My most recent cosplay went into the X-men Universe. I really enjoyed X-men the animated series and my FAVORITE character is Rogue, she is sexy and sassy, but Jubilation Lee is cute and fun. I went for it... One side is my summer Jubilee look and the other side is my winter Jubilee look. It was funny because a friend asked me if I was going to cut my hair for the look and I was like ”NAH” I figure I don’t want to buy a trash wig, but something I could live with and wear later. So I basically transformer Jubilee from an Asian American Mutant to an African American Mutant with a natural curly look. In cosplay race doesn’t/shouldn’t really matter (no black face please but by all means paint yourself blue, purple, or green if need, but you don’t have to be brown to be Storm Karen).
Jubilee has probably been as exciting as my 1995 Power Rangers the Movie Kimberly. So many people shout out Jubilee and compliment the cosplay. A dude even stopped dead in his tracks and said: “I love you, I love you, I love you.” And that is the joy I am talking about because when you do your cosplay right you are going to do one of two things or both: You will love that you brought the character to life and/or you bring a character to life for someone. My cosplay is definitely Jubilee the animated character/comic book character and not the movie character. This is the Jubilee people remember (because the movies don’t give a storyline anyway). I can honestly say I made a fantasy come to life.

Now Fanfic...  (enters Marques Houston, Jun. K and Drake)


First I have been writing fanfic since the sixth grade. AND most people who knew me back then know those stories were all about Marques Houston and me and yes there were some “freaky” aspects... which was apparently the most ridiculous or crazy thing a 6th grader could ever write about, which I am not sure how that is so crazy when in 100%  of all the fanfics I wrote Marq and myself we seriously dating or married and therefore freaky ish is bound to happen... to me it was art but whatever it helped me get through my teen years without having issues aside from failing algebra in 9th grade. I found that I had less and less time to write fanfics as life progressed and now I usually start one in the summer months. Currently, I am DELIGHTED to have Jun. K be my current inspiration (and Drake). ODDLY enough I DON’T usually share my fanfics. WHY? Cause everyone is a critic. I don’t need you to tell me my grammar is off or that I spelled something wrong or there was a typo. For me I just need to get the s*** out of my head. For almost a year I visualized Drake sitting in a dark room smoking a cigar, in a room filled with people dancing, yet he was staring at me, Dani, who is dancing with her man, Minjun. That’s when things get crazy....
This is the digital cover for that Drake and Minjun story. I enjoyed it so much, but I know that it takes a turn because Drake... well he is a second male lead and... well a KDrama bean would know... the point is I got it out of my head and called it: When Toronto Came for Seoul   I have an opinion of my story that I can’t share because it would give away major details and spoil it. I also love to read good fanfic... there was this one called: “Shadows Behind You” and it was so good I have read it twice. Its a Junbros Shipper’s dream. My friend was working on a fic called: “Clawing at Ice” and its a Taeckay shipper’s dream. (Ask me what that means later if you want to know.) Now during Winter Break I am stepping out of my comfort zone and writing a Khunkay, Khunwoo drama. I am excited and I hope Hottests enjoy. 

Anyway if you couldn’t tell these things make me happy as I am enjoying talking about them and could go on and on...

Finally I was able to complete this blog...
  

No comments:

Post a Comment