Friday, July 29, 2011

I need a boyfriend...um not so much........

I may have mentioned this before, but you I have never been out of like for someone. I mean I have always liked someone, you know maybe like a crush. When I don't like someone I probably love someone and I would probably in a relationship. Well I haven't been in an OFFICIAL relationship in like a year and a half or so, but that honestly has felt as such, considering my unofficial encounter. Regardless I haven't and right now I am feeling like I don't want to either and it is weird to me a little. I was walking my dog and the thought crossed my mind, well actually it was my imagination working over time.

First it began with me thinking about this fellow who lives near and I was thinking about how attractive he is and how interesting it would be if he tried to holla (is holla like wack to say nowadays?) and what my response would be and how others would respond and...until I thought about who he is and what he does and if he is at my level (mentally not like money and education, that stuff doesn't make someone better) and if he has thoughts of growth that don't sound like some "gangstas paradise of a get rich scam"...that's when I thought about my feelings of actually wanting a boyfriend. It is so much work. Meeting, talking, getting to know, building a trust, growing in "love", etc etc....I guess if it was with someone you might actually stay with and marry maybe that wouldn't be so freaking tedious. After meeting, falling in then out of love a few times I am like blown and at times feel like I could care less and sometimes I feel like maybe I just have pinned up feelings for that "once upon a time fella" that:
"rocked my world you know you did
And everything I own I give
The rarest love, who'd think I find
Someone like you to call mine"
Of course I just cursed him by saying:
"All that Bullsh*t is for the birds you ain't nothing but a vulture."
But of course you know that an ounce of love stays in my heart because that is the type of person that I am overall, my point is that I haven't been in need of a relationship. Not to say that I haven't seen some prospects, I have been trying to get to the Sunglass Hut cause I seen a cutie, but knowing me he is probably like 18. (Cougar like...).


My overall point is I am actually glad that I am into my own thing right now as a single lady cause the truth is this is like the first time. Before as a young girl in college I was just going through the motions of going to school, my head in the clouds and anything was possible. Then I met someone and my focused changed. My focused changed for damn near 4 years. After that I was lost not because of the break up but because of my encounter with being sick and surgery. Finally now I am refocused with lots of energy going towards my wants, education, and career. Not to say that every now and then I am not thinking about a boo, clearly that's what I talk about in my blogs, but I am doing for me. Now I do worry about once I have everything completely on track that I will truely be on that career woman thing that men tend to be afraid of but as I have stated in a previous blog, I am believing that once everything is on track for me everything will be on track for him whoever he maybe and then by chance as another blog states we shall meet until then....

Songs mentions in this week's episode:
I need a boy friend is actually a play on B2K's Girlfriend
You Rock My World by Michael Jackson
Deuces by Chris Brown

No comments:

Post a Comment