Wednesday, April 6, 2011

By Chance....

I told someone that in so many ways God let me know that I would get everything that want/need and I would be happy so I don’t have to worry. The person must not have understood completely because he was like “well I live like everyday is my last and I go after what I want.” I took that as he thought I was saying I don’t go after the things I want I just wait for God to do his thing… not so much but in a since yes….
So I was thinking of meeting the “One.”
Today dating is like one click away there are so many sites that claim to be able to match people and if people don’t use dating sites then they use facebook or other social networks to find possible “soul mates.” Not me. Well I don’t go on specifically looking for boyfriends, if they find me well that’s different. 
Which leads me to my point…I want to be found and preferably not on the internet. I basically created a scenario of what I would like to happen one day in my life. I recently heard a quote that was like: “If you want to make God laugh, tell him what YOU want to do,” or something like that, and that’s funny because everyone knows that life is on behalf of God’s Will, but hey there is prayer right in which you ask God for what you want and he gives you what you want as He sees needed. This concept is something that I totally understand but I still like to day dream…this is how I would like to meet the one…
  Randomly, as in by chance. I would want to be somewhere like in the mall or at school or a place in real life opposed to the internet. I would hope that he would have enough courage to speak to me, that is if I want him to speak to me…meaning if this happens and I am not attracted or don’t find him appealing then I probably don’t want him to speak to me but if I do then I hope he speaks. I hope that a classic conversation would ensue and at the end we exchange numbers or something. 
It just doesn’t happen like this anymore.
 I have met more guys from Facebook or the once popular Myspace in the past couple of years than in flesh and blood.  It’s not horrible meeting people this way but I still have mayor trust issues with the internet I mean too many crazies have access to profiles.  Plus I am old school I like meeting people in reality, even if they are just as crazy too.  Even though I seclude myself and have become a rather solo dolo person, I am pretty sociable. I enjoy meeting people, I don’t mind going up to someone and being like” yo what’s up”…that’s me, but in my traditional world I don’t want to be the one to hit someone up first. My philosophy has become if he doesn’t speak then it wasn’t meant to be and I can forget a face as quick as I “fell in love” with that face.  Sometimes I look at it like “he’s just not that in to me.” If a guy gets at me and we text or talk a little and then he disappears…good redden to rubbish. I am not going to chase dude down…I feel like I have shown my interest in speaking to you in the first place so if you don’t continue to speak to me well then you must have lost interest. Same goes if you hit me up and I don’t respond then I’m  not interest…BUT if you say something to me, and I respond and you don’t respond back then I say something else to you and you still don’t respond…that’s it. You are only going to get so many chances with me.
Overall it just sucks that meeting people in person is like pulling teeth…meeting the RIGHT people in person is like pulling teeth.
But yeah that is how I would love to meet someone.  Is that so wrong to ask…by chance, in person, hold a conversation (meaningful conversation) and take it from there….

No comments:

Post a Comment