Tuesday, April 5, 2011

WANTED: Traditional Good Time....

So would I be like selling myself short (or better yet would I appear desperate) if I went on Facebook and announced that I need a date?
 My ad would sound something to the effect of: 

Hi all…I am looking to go out on a Friday evening or Saturday afternoon in which a “date” will pick me up. The venue: Friendly’s where we can partake in a small entrée and an ice cream sundae. We will engage in small talk with jokes and laughs as we eat. Once finish the date will offer to pay and maybe I will say, “Thanks,” and maybe I will say, “that’s ok I’ll take care of my portion,” but in no way will I be paying for both of us. We will enjoy a nice car ride (I will enjoy a car ride you will drive) back to my house where I will say “deuces,” and go inside. We don’t have to talk ever again in life. I am just looking for a nice night or afternoon with Ice-cream….

Or…

I am looking for someone who would like to take me to Secrets night club in Ocean City, MD. You must be attractive 23+ years in age, football player build, 5’11-6’4 ht, 195-220 wt. Race doesn’t matter. Height and Weight does!!! Looking to relive a past experience at the club and a moment on the beach….

LOL!

The date I am more interested in is the Ice-cream date and the sad thing is I have someone in mind for both, and I would, but I don’t want to ask him. (There is a follow up blog to this topic)

Meeting people, when you treat yourself like a shut in, is very hard…lol….Let us evaluate my life: I work at a college and have watched the young men come and go thinking that I am too old and too unapproachable. (I am neither of the two by the way.)  I Sub…in which the adult population is very feminine based, or there are old men or old married men…clearly I am a cougar so that doesn’t work for me. (This is what working at a college has done to me.) I am now enrolled in classes for my master’s (please note my resolutions) and so far mostly women fill classes with older gentlemen here and there. I do nothing and the guys I have liked are equally unable to be a boyfriend of my standards. One in a sense can’t and the other probably the other is dreamy….as in your dreams…he makes me feel like that high school sophomore who likes that senior who doesn’t notice me…I mean them, at all and has a girlfriend to boot…

You know it is so funny how you can say you want this or that in a guy or girl but really you don’t know what you want or need which is why at the end of the day this is another “Let God” moment, because whoever is sent to find me I am so sure will be EXACTLY, EVERYTHING that I need for me and vice versa…you know I for him. I just have to make sure I remember what Mr. Adams said every morning: “Be at the right place, at the right time, doing the right thing.”    

By the way to answer my question at the introduction: Yes! But not just desperate, slightly pathetic too.

No comments:

Post a Comment