Thursday, March 24, 2011

Running Scared…

I tell you what, writing/telling people your goals is one thing but making them happening is another. Here I am, again about to take the first step in making accomplishing a goal; the same goal I have been saying since Fall 2010 and as I prepare to take that step fear washes over me like a rain shower, paralyzing my movement and momentum.  I guess the more you are told no the more you expected to be let down resulting in you never wanting to try. The more you think about the extra responsibilities that come with your goal the more you question yourself and your abilities to perform the required tasks. You fear making mistakes.  Now as those fears devour me prolong the first step, which is to simply fill out an application online, upload a resume and cover letter and click send and the rest will be up to Human Resources, but the first step is pretty easy right….not as I make myself sick thinking about all the possibilities of getting or not getting a position.
And just like I knew would happen as I started typing this up, I am reminded about faith. If I can have faith in God about EVERYTHING, but certain things I lose it and start getting all nervous and messed up, and really all I need to remember is that God will take care of me period. If I apply and get it God will help me make it through my responsibilities and show me the right path to take when making decisions. If I don’t get it then he will console me and will have another opportunity for me.
That word of advice ought to get me through the first step alone…. Resume is looking right, better than that though, my work ethic has been seen…so in the words of today’s youth…. “Leggo!”
Goals achieved for 2011
1.) Enrolled in a Master of Spec. ED. progam
2.)
3.)
4.)
5.)
Got a few more to go.... :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment