Saturday, July 9, 2011

A work in process is out there....


So I was talking with my mom and I said: “I wonder if people wonder why I am single? People think that I am so pretty and cute, I wonder about that…”  (When I said people I was not including the jerks on the internet who like to ask: “Why are you single?”)

She said that I shouldn’t worry about that, but if they ask I should tell them I am not trying to settle for anything.

This is the truth….

I really can’t imagine living and loving someone who otherwise makes me miserable. I know what its like and it sucks and I refuse to be in that condition. Settling puts you in that position. No one is perfect sure, but damn, a jobless louse is not the right route I am sure. Even a working louse is still not the one.

I met someone who I feel would be a great candidate for a future, he works, he’s very caring, we share similar opinions and similar interests, he READS BOOKS,  and most of all I liked him, but unfortunately there are too many stipulations surrounding him that keeps him from me both physically and mentally. I think I had his heart, but if you didn’t know love is NOT all you need to make, and now you know. So because of the stipulations its on to the next one for me. It sucks, it hearts. I’ve drops a few tears, I reached out, I gave it time, I’ve gotten fed up, I’ve given it to God, but overall I have had to move on, which difficult when you are thinking that someone. I just can’t settle for anything. I refuse.

You know I have tried to lower my, not standards, but expectations, and look at what I ended up with, a break up like a month after he was sent over seas. His problem too young for him to settle (HA!).

Plenty of guys try to talk to me but it doesn’t take too long for idiotic sounding things to come out and jibber jabber that fills me in on the fact that I won’t be able to go with it.

Now I am 27 and that’s not bad. I am ok with being single. First of all I lose too much of my self in a relationship. I focus a lot of time and energy on that person and I don’t have the time right now with school and trying to work hard. Secondly I still have time.

Personally I try to believe that God is working on it and will show it all in due time. I like to think that my dude is still being worked on by God, well I guess we are always being tweeked but what I mean is that my guy is going through a transformation  right now and as soon as God takes care of this transformation/enlightenment my guy will be revealed to me and from there….

Clearly I am being worked on for someone in particular too…

I wish my guy was Shia Labeouf…LOL! 

It could happen, I’ve have so recently in my own experience learned that God works very very very very mysteriously and works miracles that leave people dumbfounded so who’s to say Shia and I won’t meet and make little Transformer/Indian Jones babies. I’m just saying don’t try to predict God and never say never. (A lil piece of me still loves Marques Houston as well.)   

No comments:

Post a Comment