Friday, July 13, 2012

It's Daniella the great again....back from Delaware the state again...

LOL...yeah that is a rap I made up back at Howard during my Dipset days. But I am back kind of sorta.... As the random chick in the store said: You don't look good until you get your hair done, you can be completely fixed up, but if your hair ain't done it don't matter." POINT: I got my herr did. I feel like I am BACK. 
Not only did I get it did but I knocked one of my End of 20's bucklist goals out. It wasn't featured on the list as seen on this blog but I have been thinking and talking about cutting my hair for a while and I did it!
WooHoo! Here it is: 



I got it cut...ok not too much but I mean my stylist layered it and did a bunch of stuff I never asked for before in all the years I have been going. The last time I got my haircut was in 2003 and it really wasn't my choice but my hair was so damaged from another situation that it had to be done. Today was my choice. The thought had been there for a while but last night and some of this morning lead me to the decision. I didn't tell my mom because I knew she would say stuff against as she would also say something like but do what you want. I did do what I wanted to do, so maybe I did a little bit of that YOLO stuff too....I would have gone shorter but I wasn't ready...I mean when I do the tighter curls it will look shorter anyway.... Wow I can't believe I YOLOed for myself.

So not only did I get my haircut I am so excited to say that I will be going to an Anime Convention and will hopefully meet Jason David Frank!!! My Power Ranger hero! This is another End of 20's bucket list. 

When I first made up the list with to go to a Con as they are known I never thought that it would happen this year. I worked hard trying to figure out how I was going to make to LA, Orlando, or Baltimore. I really thought we would be going to Anime Festival Orlando, but my mom had total knee replacement surgery and we figured she might not be good to go by then. So the trip was canceled before it was booked. Then a friend of mine from High School AND fellow Howard Alum was like "You know he'll be in Baltimore" and I was like yeah and it took off from there to know the hotel is book and the tickets are pur-chased.  I am stupid excited. I mean I would have loved to go to the Morphicon in Pasadena but not only does it cost too much to get there but JDF canceled his appearance (not that I wouldn't love to see Johnny Yong Bosch who was instance put in JDF's place as guest of honor).
I mean this is as big as the time that I was able to shake Marques Houston's hand back in DC. JDF is classic, legendary, EPIC and best of all, a regular dude aside from the 7th degree black belt and power ranger several times over. 
So let's see: 
1.) Hair
2.) AnimeCon
3.) Meeting JDF
4.) YOLOing
Next up I will need to get tatted, talked about it long enough, It probably won't be that big. What stops me is being unsure. I mean its so cool to get a tat then again tatted bodies are so prevalent why not be different and have untouched skin. Clearly JDF is not the one to look to as he is tatted damn near from head to toe. (he better not ever mess up that pretty face) And my EX from years ago always said: Why mess up a perfectly good...well never mind.  A butterfly with japanese text of some sort would be awesome, but that is still up in the air. Let see there was also flying and jumping out of an airplane takes lots of money (but I could do it with JDF if I had that money LOL) Singing in front of people was also on the list and what is funny is I was about to post a video of myself singing on YouTube for this contest from Eyeshine (the band I have been listening to), but it just wasn't working out, I was trying to get a professional sound from very unprofessional equipment smh. Getting professional pics done has been on my list of things to do for years, but now I am trying to figure out why? Overall I mean I am four things in so can only go up from there right? In the meantime I never did speak of 2012 accomplishments...I mean in one of my blogs I announced how I passed the Elementary Education Praxis. I also mentioned that I would have news about the Special Education Praxis and I passed it as well!!!!!!!! I have NO idea what other goals where on my 2012 list and it doesn't really matter I believe I am making progress in my life....overall I am having fun.

PS: I still need to take myself to dinner. Crab legs and Moscato!!!!   

No comments:

Post a Comment