Sunday, December 5, 2010

Mothers...they know...



Exodus 20:12
 There is this one piece of advice that I have and it is probably not the most favorable and something that many people do not like to follow but,
“Honor your father and your mother, so that you may live long in the land the LORD your God is giving you."


"Mother knows best!"

That doesn’t mean that she is right and it doesn’t mean that she is wrong, but in all seriousness 9 times out of 10 she is pretty much right on the money.



Let’s face it they know us better than we know ourselves… to a degree. I feel that mothers have a tendency to know us as children and teenagers and young adults; then are unable to see where we have grown up until we are faced with something and we actually avail through. (That tends to be one fault they have, and sometimes even when they see us get through it they still are mothers.)
Mothers just have something that makes them know. Girls we don’t listen well…






…Boys, ya’ll do. To a point that it can reek havoc on a relationship; when a mother dislikes a girlfriend and the son listens and really the mother is just afraid to lose her son. (It’s like that sometimes ladies.) There are FEW dudes who don’t listen to their moms and usually it’s not about women, its usually about stuff that has to do with trying to be a "man."


At any rate ladies don’t like to listen to their mothers and "I told you so," rings in our minds every time we were sure that mom was wrong about "a particular" situation and in the end she was completely right. Sometimes it is the very fact that mom was right that hurts us because we wanted to be right just once.

I have always listen to most of what my mom said because I felt like she would never lead me astray. She would never set me up for failure, but as I grew into a woman or at least got into the age of a woman, you know 20-23, I felt like I could make some wise decisions and although I didn’t you know get into a lot of trouble mom was still right about most of everything. There were some ideas about dealing with men that I should have put into use, that I didn’t.

Recently my mom has been saying some things, that someone else has also been saying, that I am like: "What the deuce?" Now I clearly CAN NOT say any of what either of these people have been saying, all I can say is it is completely beyond me that these people are saying  the same things around the same time. My mom must have a sense of something. Now I bet she can’t put her finger on it but she is feeling or sensing something. The funny thing about it is I think of this particular thing, but I am not trying to rush it so well see.
 
In the meantime, I will stay alert to what is happening and continue to listen to my mom’s advice ALTHOUGH I still have trouble following everything that she says cause like I said Mother’s don’t always realize how much you have grown up. I am a firm believer in the fact that if I listen to my mom as much as possible I won’t have too many troubles in my lifetime.
And I think that others should at least try to follow that advice because there are too many people that say: "I wish I had of listened to my mom, she was right."




Proverbs 1:8  Listen, my son, to your father’s instruction
   and do not forsake your mother’s teaching.

2 comments:

  1. So true Dani. Once I was dating this guy that I really liked. My mom never got a chance to meet him but she told me something about the guy didn't feel right in 'her' spirit. I was like "What!?" I was so upset and thought she was overreacting. Turns out the guy was more interested in being friends with benefits and she was right.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes...that's what my mom say's "feel it in her spirit." With emphasis on the "it".

    ReplyDelete