Saturday, August 25, 2012

August 25, 2001-August 25, 2012

August 25, 2001
I was laying the wrong way on the chair in the livingroom. I was actually fast asleep, after staying up late probably talking on the phone. My subconscious heard my mom saying, Aaliyah died, but I couldn't get my sleep deprived body awake, and I could get my mind wrapped around the news. It seemed like a joke considering she had an album out, and was making a music video. When I finally did wake up I heard it all over again this time conscious. I was numb. I wasn't the biggest Aaliyah fan, my favorite song had been One in a Million. Aaliyah wasn't what Beyonce is to me or better yet Mariah. But the idea that someone so young at a point in her career that you knew it was about to be her year, could be dead just like that...hurt. As an adult looking back Aaliyah should have been the one that I appreciated the most. She stayed true to who she was throughout. Showing enough skin to be sexy, being female enough to be girlie, but being rough neck enough to tag along with the guys and to be enpowered. She was gorgeous enough to need NO make up and naturally pretty to use just enough to be glamourous. She was so talented, gifted if you will that she barely had to do much to make an impact on stage or on screen. Her death may have been in God's plan, and only he know the why's, but it is a tragedy of Music, Tv, and Film....
Another Fave...


My favorite scene from Romeo Must Die
 

No comments:

Post a Comment