Friday, February 4, 2011

The Lone Wolf: An Interpretation...

I’ll never forget the dream I had the day before I was supposed to go to Howard. In my dream, my teeth crumbled out of my mouth and in to my hand. Now according to www.dreammoods.com one idea about teeth dreams is that: these falling teeth dreams may be rooted in your fear of being embarrassed or making a fool of yourself in some situation. These dreams are an over-exaggeration of your worries and anxieties. Perhaps you feel that you are unprepared for the task at hand. However, you will find that your worries are unfounded in most cases. Sometimes what plays out in your mind is far worse than what is reality.”
It makes plenty of sense, a small town girl like myself headed to the nation’s capital, to a huge school, where the majority would be African Americans and up to that point I’d spent a lot of class time with Caucasians; I had reasons to be worried or have fear. What was I getting myself into…luckily most of the kids at Howard were just like me….
My most recent dream was interesting and sort of shocked me. Rarely do I dream about animals, but in this dream I was walking my pup down the street and out in the distance over on the golf course (there is a golf course that is not apart of my neighborhood but its viewable from my street) I saw three black wolves playing in the snow. Now the only reason I got nervous when I saw them was because I didn’t want my dog to see them and trip out, but aside from that I was not afraid. Like I said they were just playing like kids. The white of their eyes was so white and clear. 
Of course I went to my favorite dream site and found:
Wolf
To see a wolf in your dream, symbolizes survival, beauty, solitude, mystery, self-confidence and pride. You are able to keep your composure in a variety of social circumstances and blend into any situation with ease and grace. You are also a loner by choice.
Negatively, the wolf represents hostility, aggression, or sneakiness. It may reflect an uncontrollable situation or an all-consuming force in your life. This could point to an obsession, an addiction or something that is beyond your control.
Knowing I don’t have an obsession (aside from Michael Jackson, Mighty Morphin Power Rangers and Gorgeous men) I am sure I can look at the positive of this definition.  I mean really it makes more sense anyway. I especially love where it says that “You are a loner by choice.” That is totally correct. I tend to separate myself from people most of the time.

But let’s look at the fact that there were three wolves. According to: http://www.whats-your-sign.com/spiritual-meaning-of-numbers.html

Three: The spiritual meaning of number Three deals with magic, intuition, fecundity, and advantage. The number Three invokes expression, versatility, and pure joy of creativity. Three is also a time identifier as it represents Past, Present and Future. Consecutive Threes in your life may symbolize the need to express yourself creatively, or consider your present directional path in relation to past events and future goals. Three may also represent promising new adventures, and assurance of cooperation from others whom you may require help. Three typically symbolizes reward and success in most undertakings.

Once again, more positive points. I like that because sometimes dreams are not so positive and according to the bible three represents divine perfection. So I would like to do a reading on myself….

“I am a survivor of many ordeals that have had effects on me; having been sick and near death, and romantically break-up, make-ups, break-ups, and deaths of several loved ones in a year. Surviving these things has only helped me to understand my strengths and therefore adding to my self confidence and pushing me towards making decisions about goals that I am finally able to work on accomplishing. Now in reference to three, I am pretty sure that with the accomplishment of the goals set that I am literally finger tips away from meeting, there will be “promising new adventures” and clearly success. Because three represent divine perfection I am sure that means that at this time in my life everything is divinely lined up in order meaning finally the happiness and success as ME,  I have longed for will be ahead soon!”

I am glad that I had this dream…hopefully it means all of this awesome positive stuff and not that one night while I am walking my dog I am going to run into some wolves.

Also I have never watched any parts of the Twilight Saga, nor have I seen an American Werewolf in London, and I have barely seen Teenage Wolf. So those things can’t be reasons that wolves were on my mind. The only werewolf that I am very familiar with is the one from Thriller and the one that sleeps with me my pup that currently resembles a wolf.  

No comments:

Post a Comment